Valentines Day Themed Treats:
Valentines day is not only a day for flowers and teddy bears, who wouldn’t like a batch of home made raw treats to share with your loved ones on February 14th. My recipe for Valentines Day treats is so easy, even the most disaster prone people in the kitchen (myself included) can manage to create this dish.
Serves: 15-25 (depending on size)
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoons organic or raw honey melted
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pink food colouring
- 3 cups organic desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup organic honey
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- White Chocolate
*Photos display both options
1. Add coconut oil and coconut milk to a medium size bowl and whisk to combine well (you want to make sure that there is no separation between the oil and milk). Then add the honey, vanilla essence and sea salt and mix well. Afterwards combine the shredded coconut and mix well.
2. Pour the mixture into a lined square baking dish and place in the freezer for minimum 60 minutes to set. Take out and cut into squares and freeze for another 30 minutes.
3. To make the chocolate coating, melt the coconut oil in saucepan on low heat. Once melted, add the honey whisking until well combined. Then add the cacao powder, stirring well until well mixed through.
3a) Option 2 – you can melt the chocolate in the microwave or over the saucepan on low heat
4. Take the coconut squares out of the freezer, dip each piece into the chocolate sauce/white chocolate and place on a wire rack on top of lined baking tray. Freeze until the chocolate has hardened this usually takes around 30-60 minutes.