This is the sort of recipe that is fantastic for when you don’t have time to cook but still feel like something delicious and nutritious! You can double or triple the recipe to suit. It tastes great with grilled button mushrooms and spinach and cucumber salad but you can have any salad on the side you’d like.
Just make sure you load up on the vegetables that are nice and colourful. It is a very tasty meal that is waist-line friendly!
Pesto Baked Chicken (Serves 2)
- 2 tablespoons of pesto (I used this recipe: https://www.thehealthychef.com/2013/06/pesto/)
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless
- 2 Roma tomatoes, finely sliced
- ¼ cup of light grated cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 – 6 fresh basil leaves
- Put chicken breasts in an oven-safe dish and cover with pesto.
- Layer sliced Roma tomatoes on top of the pesto-covered chicken.
- Sprinkle with light grated cheese. Season with salt and pepper and scatter some basil leaves on top.
- Bake at 200 degree Celsius for approximately 1 hour, uncovered.
- In the final 10 minutes of chicken being cooked, prepare side salad and grill mushrooms to serve with the chicken.
Grilled Mushrooms: drizzle olive oil and salt and pepper on button mushrooms. Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side on a very hot griddle pan.
Spinach and Cucumber Salad: finely slice ½ a cucumber and mix it in with 2 handfuls of spinach. Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over the salad, and season with salt and pepper.