Our delicious and healthy banana muffins good enough for breakfast.
What's In It?
- 1.5 cup Very ripe cavendish banana (mashed)
- 0.75 cup Olive oil, regular
- 0.3 cup Quinoa Flakes
- 1 cup Almond meal
- 1/2 cup Sorghum Flour
- 2 tsp Bicarbonate
- 1 lemon Lemon peel
- 1 cup Walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup Sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup Sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 cup Lemon juice
- 5 fruit Dried fig
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground cloves
- 3/4 cup Pea Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup Pepitas
- 2 tbsp Chia seeds
Let's Get Cooking
- Mash banana in a large bowl with a fork.
- Mix in all other ingredients until just combined.
- Spoon into lined muffin holes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and clove and a few more crushed walnuts.
- Bake in a moderate oven until browned and a skewer, when inserted, pulls out clean.
- Leave to cool in the muffin tin before turning out.
- Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator or in individual zip-lock bags in the freezer.
- Serve with 2 tsp of almond spread for a completely vegan option, or 2 tbsp cottage cheese if dairy does not need to be avoided.
Why is this so Good?
Dairy, gluten, soy, wheat and refined sugar free.
Vegan and vegetarian — a good source of protein.
High in fibre and low GI.
A good source of MUFAs, low in cholesterol — a great, heart-smart choice.