This pizza recipe is a modern and healthy take on traditional pizzas.
What's In It?
- 1 Cauliflower
- ½ cup Shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup Parmesan
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 20 Slices small Salami (gluten-free if required)
- 1 cup Shredded mozzarella
Let's Get Cooking
- Remove stalks from cauliflower and process in the blender. Alternatively, you can use a food grate to reduce the cauliflower to a fine grain.
- In a microwave safe bowl microwave your cauliflower until tender (normally 4-5 minutes).
- Leave the cauliflower mix to cool then turn into a tea towel. Twist the top of the tea towel to remove as much moisture as possible from the mix.
- Add the parmesan, mozzarella, oregano, eggs and sprinkle salt and pepper and mix well.
- Line a oven tray with baking paper and form the mixture into a pizza sized circle. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 C for 15-20 minutes until base is slightly browned.
- Spread the tomato paste across the base and add half the remaining mozzarella. Place the slices of Salami evenly over the base and cover with the remaining cheese. Bake for another 10 minutes.
Why is this so Good?
Whether you are on a lower carbohydrate meal plan or catering for special dietary requirements, you can satisfy your cravings. By swapping the normal pizza dough base for cauliflower, this pizza becomes low-carb, gluten free and high in fibre. That means, not only is this dish delicious, it is it is nutritious and also very filling.
This pizza recipe is as versatile as any normal high carb pizza as it can be topped with any traditional pizza toppings. It is great for negotiations with the kids at dinner time – they get to eat pizza while secretly they are actually eating vegetables!
This recipe is gluten free, wheat free.