I love making soup in the Thermomix. It is so easy and you don’t have to use multiple pots and pans to get a delicious soup. Vegetable soup is definitely one of my favorites! This particular one is an Italian-style minestrone with tons of fibre (from the beans as well as the vegetables) and multiple servings of colorful vegetables. The pumpkin and carrots provide lots of vitamin A, while the broccoli provides vitamins K and C. You can leave out the pasta or substitute it for gluten-free pasta if you are gluten-sensitive.
What's In It?
- 1 Small handful Italian parsley
- 3-4 Basil leaves
- 1 Onion peeled and halved
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 30g Olive oil
- 400g Diced vegetables of choice (Mushrooms, Carrot, Broccoli, Pumpkin, Zucchini, Peas) - I used pumpkin, carrot, zucchini and broccoli
- 400g tin Chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g tins Cannelini beans, lentils, chickpeas drained - I chose lentils and chickpeas
- 3 tsp Chicken or vegetable salt reduced stock powder
- 650g Water
- 50g Tomato Paste
- - Sea Salt to taste
- 100g Pasta shells
Let's Get Cooking
- Place parsley and basil into thermomix (TM) bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 7. Set aside.
- Place onion & garlic into TM bowl and chop for 3 sec/speed 7, add oil and saute 3mins/varoma (speed 1)
- Add all remaining ingredients (including herbs) except peas (if using), legumes and pasta shells and cook for 15 minutes at 100ºC on reverse + speed soft. (speed 1)
- Add legumes, pasta (and peas) and cook for a further 10 minutes at 100ºC on Reverse + speed soft (speed 1)
Why is this so Good?
This dish is high in fibre, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, but low in fat and calories. A great vegetarian dish (if you use vegetable stock).