- 500g lean veal strips
- 2 tsp sweet paprika that’s terrific!
- 1 small brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup (180ml) chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (55g) tomato paste
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tbs chopped fresh chives
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp philadelphia extra light
Place veal in a medium bowl with paprika and toss to coat. Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook veal, in batches, for 2 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a bowl.
Cook onion and garlic in same pan, stirring, for 3–4 minutes or until softened. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add peas and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Return veal to the pan with stock, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook sweet potato in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender. Drain. Add milk and philadelphia. Mash until smooth consistency.
Add sour cream to veal mixture. Stir until heated through. Divide sweet potato among serving plates. Top with stroganoff and sprinkle with chives. Serve.
Dairy Free Option
– Swap the milk for rice or soy milk
– Swap the philly cheese for Tofutti soy cream cheese
– Leave the sour cream out OR stir in a little soy evaporated milk.