Dietitian & Nutritionist Fees, Charges, Rebates:
Our Dietitian Consultation Fees*:
- Initial Consultation (45 min) – $115
- Review Consult (20-30 min)– $75
- Subsequent (15 min) – $60
Julie Masci (Senior Dietitian) Consultation Fees:
- Initial consultation (45 min) – $140
- Review Consult (20-30 min)– $80
- Extended Review (30+ min) – $100
Concession Cards – $20 discount will apply for INITIAL consultations; $10 discount on REVIEW sessions
*Prices effective from 1st February, 2019
BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT NOW
SPORTS NUTRITION PROGRAM
The New Life Nutrition sports nutrition program provides a specialised sports service. This is run by our sports nutritionist, Hannah Brereton.
This program suits:
- Anyone with specific body composition goals e.g. gain lean mass, cut fat mass (more than just for health as advised by doctor).
- Fitness goals e.g. run 10km
- Sports specific: endurance, ultra endurance, athletics, team sports, tennis.
- Anyone wanting to track skin folds (body composition)
Sports Nutrition Program Fees:
- Initial consultation (60 min) – $145
- Review Consult (30 min)– $85
REBATES & CLAIMING
Most private health funds will provide dietitian rebates on individual consultations. The rebate will depend on your level of cover. Please contact your health fund to see what rebate you will be entitled to. No referral is needed to see us when claiming with private health.
With some chronic conditions, your GP may choose to refer you through a Team Care Plan. If this is the case, you can get a rebate for your appointment under the Medicare initiative. You will need to pay for your consultation in full, and then a rebate will be submitted via Medicare at the time of consult. Currently dietitian rebates are $52.95 per session. Discuss your eligibility for this referral with your doctor.
New Life Nutrition does not usually bulk bill for these services, except under special circumstances.
New Life Nutrition is a provider for the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA). If you have a Gold Card, you will not have to pay for your visit to the dietitian, and home visits may be available. If you are DVA eligible, please see your GP for a referral before visiting the dietitian.
You do not need a referral from your GP to see a dietitian if you are a private patient.
Please provide 24 hours notice if you unable to make a scheduled appointment.
Failure to attend an appointment is unfair to other patients and takes up the practitioner’s time unnecessarily. Unfortunately, if you do not attend an appointment and have not provided 24 hours notice, you will be charged the full cost of the appointment.
We do appreciate, however, that short notice is unavoidable in some circumstances. Discretion will be exercised in such cases.