- 600g lamb mince
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves, chopped
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 500g (2 cups) plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 telegraph cucumber, peeled, halved, seeded
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- ?Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine mince, breadcrumbs, garlic, egg, oregano, feta, and salt and pepper. Mix well. Shape mixture into balls. Place onto prepared tray. Spray with oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- ? Serve meatballs with tzatziki.
- ?Place yoghurt in a sieve lined with muslin over a bowl and stand for 5-10 minutes to allow the excess whey to drain away. Place yoghurt in a bowl and discard the whey.
- Meanwhile, coarsely grate the cucumber and squeeze out excess moisture with your hands. Combine yoghurt, cucumber, garlic, chives, olive oil and lemon juice in a bowl and mix well. Season with salt. Cover and place in fridge for a day before serving to allow flavours to develop.