Pesto baked chicken (Serves 2). This recipe that is fantastic for when you don’t have time to cook but still feel like something delicious and nutritious.
What's In It?
- 2 tbsps of pesto
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless
- 2 Roma tomatoes, finely sliced
- ¼ cup of light grated cheese
- tbsp Salt and pepper to taste
- 4-6 fresh basil leaves
Let's Get Cooking
- Put chicken breasts in an oven-safe dish and cover with pesto.
- Layer sliced Roma tomatoes on top of the pesto-covered chicken.
- Sprinkle with light grated cheese. Season with salt and pepper and scatter some basil leaves on top.
- Bake at 200 degree Celsius for approximately 1 hour, uncovered.
- In the final 10 minutes of chicken being cooked, prepare side salad and grill mushrooms to serve with the chicken.
Why is this so Good?
Serves 2. You can double or triple the recipe to suit. It tastes great with grilled button mushrooms and spinach and cucumber salad but you can have any salad on the side you’d like.
Just make sure you load up on the vegetables that are nice and colourful. It is a very tasty meal that is waist-line friendly!