Why not try your hand at this hearty vegan meal.
What's In It?
- 3/4 cup Brown rice
- 400g Firm tofu, chopped into 2 cm cubes
- ¼ cup Currants
- 1 small Red onion, finely diced
- 4 cups Rocket, washed
- ½ small Cauliflower, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup Baby peas
- ½ cup Sliced semi sundried tomatoes
- ¼ cup Shaved coconut
- 1 Tbsp Ground paprika
- ½ Tbsp Ground turmeric
- 1 tsp Ground cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp Canola oil
- ¼ cup Roughly chopped, smoked almonds
- 1 Fresh lemon
- 1 Clove garlic, sliced
Let's Get Cooking
- Cook brown rice until soft, set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium sized bowl, place tofu, 1/2 Tbsp. oil, spices, onion, garlic, currants and semi sundried tomato. Toss to combine until tofu is well coated and set aside to marinate for 5 minutes.
- In a large pan, fry cauliflower with 1/2 Tbsp. of oil until soft and slightly browned.
- Add to the pan the tofu and marinade. Cook on medium-high heat until the tofu browned and the onions soft. Turn off the heat.
- Add to the pan the cooked brown rice and stir until evenly combined.
- Transfer the contents to a large, platter and top with the fresh rocket, a generous squeeze of fresh lemon juice and chopped smoked almonds.
- Take a generous helping and enjoy!
- Tip: serve with a dollop of fresh, unsweetened Greek style yoghurt.
Why is this so Good?
It’s packed with plenty of fresh vegetables, an excellent source of fibre and protein. The use of canola oil and tofu means it’s also cholesterol-free (excellent for those of you out there trying to keep your Cardiologist happy!). The use of semi-sundried tomatoes also means this meal is an excellent source calcium. Better yet, the simple addition of paprika, turmeric and cayenne add a warmth and depth of flavour that lends itself well to the nuttiness of tofu. Add a little natural Greek style yoghurt to serve, if that’s your kind of thing!